Ending of the House Sales Scheme for Tenants of Registered Housing Association
- The House Sales Scheme for Tenants of Registered Housing Associations is due to end from midnight on 27 August 2022
- From 28 August 2022, the scheme will be closed to applications and Arbour Housing tenants will no longer be able to buy their home
- The legislation allowed for a transitional period of 2 years from 28 August 2020. This gives time for eligible tenants to be aware of the closure and exercise their right within that timeframe. This means that the scheme will end at midnight on 27 August 2022
- Any eligible Arbour Housing tenants who wishes to buy their home must make an application through the existing House Sales Scheme before the deadline of midnight of the 27 August 2022
- Applications should be made by contacting the Arbour Housing either by phone on 028 38 339795 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbour Housing will accept applications from tenants to buy their homes under the Statutory House Sales Scheme up until midnight on 27 August 2022. The rules of the scheme will continue to apply up until that date and the rules can either be obtained from your Arbour Housing or can be accessed on the Department’s website at: https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/disposal-housing-association-property.
If an application to purchase a house has been received by Arbour Housing Association before midnight on 27 August 2022 it will be dealt with in the usual manner. If we require further information from the proposed purchaser the application to purchase will remain valid.
Equity Scheme – If you have previously entered into an agreement with Arbour Housing under their equity sharing scheme you will still be able to purchase more equity after 27 August 2022 and avail of any remaining discount you are entitled to.